Harwich Haven Authority: Keeping trade flowing into Haven Ports
01 April 2020
We are working hard at Harwich Haven Authority to ensure food and other essential medical supplies continue to flow into the Haven Ports. With nearly 40% of all UK container traffic arriving into our ports it is vital that we protect our employees from Covid-19, maintain our operations and continue to support the UK supply chain.
We have introduced the following measures:
- All vessels arriving in the Haven from foreign ports must submit a Maritime Declaration of Health before a pilot boards the vessel or that vessel is allowed into port.
- Recommended social distancing has been introduced across our operations.
- We have closed our Vessel Traffic Services Operations Centre at Harwich to all non-essential staff.
- Cleaning regimes have been reinforced across our premises and aboard our fleet of vessels. In addition all personnel using our Pilot Launches or visiting our premises will be asked to use hand sanitising products on entry and exit.
- All non-essential face to face meeting, both on and off our premises, have been cancelled or rearranged to use video conferencing technology.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely and work with Government agencies to make any necessary adjustment to our operating procedures in line with official guidance.
Image credit: Prithvi Singh