Latest advise to sailors using Ha’penny Pier pontoons – November 2020
Ha’penny Pier pontoons remain open… but in line with the Government’s latest Covid-19 guidance (issued 5 November), no overnight stays are allowed and there will be no access to toilet or shower facilities.
We advise visiting sailors using the Ha’penny Pier pontoons that the facility is now unmanned for the winter season. Our Pier Masters will be back on duty during the last week of March 2021.
- The gate accessing the pontoons will remain shut throughout the winter, for security reasons and following incidences of vandalism and unsocial behaviour.
- Harwich Haven Authority gives priority usage of the Ha’penny Pier pontoons to local fishermen during the off season.
- Sailors should note that if the bridges connecting the pontoons are raised… it is unsafe to enter the mooring facilities.
- Ha’penny Pier and the pontoons are under 24 hour CCTV surveillance.
- Please see our 2020 Yachting Guide, which contains safety of navigation information and all emergency contact details.
The Pier Masters’ telephone will be manned between 0900 -1600 during the winter season – 07748 154039. Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org.