Ha’penny Pier pontoons will open to visiting leisure vessels from 29 March 2021
The Ha’penny Pier pontoons, Harwich, will be open to visiting leisure vessels from Monday 29 March 2021.
- Leisure vessels will not be permitted to moor overnight on the pontoons – no fees will be charged until further notice.
- There will be no access to our toilet and shower facilities.
- The pontoons will be manned by our Pier Masters. They can be contacted on 07748 154039 or via email.
- Do not enter the Pier Master’s office, located on Ha’penny Pier.
- Please ensure your vessel is seaworthy and check the forecast to reduce the need for emergency services to be called to assist.
- Do not share lines and always tie up yourself – do not rely on others to help.
- The Government’s guidance of Hands. Face. Space. should be adhered to at all times.
- Overseas visitors should receive notification to disembark their vessel from Border Force Central. If you are visiting from outside of the UK, you are required to make a customs arrival report to HMRC National Yachtline +44 (0) 300 123 2012. www.gov.uk.
- Aggressive and abusive behaviour towards members of our staff will not be tolerated.
- Ha’penny Pier and pontoons are under 24-hour CCTV surveillance.
Last reviewed: 19 March 2021