Ha’penny Pier pontoons will open to visiting leisure vessels from 29 March 2021
19 March 2021
The Ha’penny Pier pontoons, Harwich, will be open to visiting leisure vessels from Monday 29 March 2021.
- Leisure vessels will not be permitted to moor overnight on the pontoons – no fees will be charged until further notice.
- There will be no access to our toilet and shower facilities.
- The pontoons will be manned by our Pier Masters. They can be contacted on 07748 154039 or via email.
- Do not enter the Pier Master’s office, located on Ha’penny Pier.
- Please ensure your vessel is seaworthy and check the forecast to reduce the need for emergency services to be called to assist.
- Do not share lines and always tie up yourself – do not rely on others to help.
- The Government’s guidance of Hands. Face. Space. should be adhered to at all times.
- Overseas visitors should receive notification to disembark their vessel from Border Force Central. If you are visiting from outside of the UK, you are required to make a customs arrival report to HMRC National Yachtline +44 (0) 300 123 2012. www.gov.uk.
- Aggressive and abusive behaviour towards members of our staff will not be tolerated.
- Ha’penny Pier and pontoons are under 24-hour CCTV surveillance.
Last reviewed: 19 March 2021