33-2021: Ha’penny Pier pontoons
27 October 2021
Harwich Haven Authority advise visiting sailors using the Ha’penny Pier pontoons, Harwich, that the facility will be unmanned from 1 November 2021 for the winter season. Our Pier Attendants will be back on duty at the beginning of April 2022.
- The gate accessing the pontoons will remain shut throughout the winter, for security reasons and following incidences of vandalism and unsocial behaviour.
- Harwich Haven Authority gives priority usage of the Ha’penny Pier pontoons to local fishermen during the off season.
- Sailors should note that if the bridges connecting the pontoons are raised… it is unsafe to enter the mooring facilities.
- Ha’penny Pier and the pontoons are under 24 hour CCTV surveillance.
- Please see our 2021 Yachting Guide, which contains safety of navigation information and all emergency contact details.
The Pier Attendants’ telephone will be manned between 0900 -1600 during the winter season – 07748 154039. Alternatively, email email@example.com.