Tendring CAMRA – Harwich Sausage Festival
Saturday 5th November 2022
- The festival starts with the pre-meat at 11:00am at The Stingray.
- The sausage throwing takes place on Harwich Green from 11:30am to midday.
- Competition tasting at the Alma, New Bell and Stingray from midday to 14:30pm.
- Meanwhile the Sausage Fringe takes place in Samuel Pepys, the Globe and the Crown Post.
Come hither to the historic seaport of Harwich and witness the medieval* spectacle of sausage throwing, as grown men and women try to hurl seasoned pork projectiles as far as they can. Following on from this fabulous frivolity, three fantastic local inns throw open their doors for the gathered masses to test the wares of the finest butchers of the Tendring Hundred and determine the public’s favourite sausage, all washed down with the choicest real ales and ciders.
* might not actually be true