13-2017: Maintenance dredging – Harwich Haven berths and approaches
Mariners are advised that on or about the 14th June 2017 the dredger HAM 316 will commence maintenance dredging of the Harwich Haven berths and approaches for a period of approximately 12 days.
Dredging will initially take place in areas of the Main Channel:
- On the outside of the Beach End bend, between the Cliff Foot and Deane Buoys
- On the south edge of the main channel around No 8 Buoy
- On the south edge of the main channel around No 2 Buoy
Material from these areas will be disposed to the Inner Gabbard disposal site.
- On the east side of the main channel between the Walker and South Shipwash Buoys
- On the west side of the main channel north of the South Threshold Buoy
Material from these areas will be disposed to the Inner Gabbard East disposal site.
Following work on the channel, the dredger will work in the harbour, disposing to the Inner Gabbard disposal site from around 19 June to 26 June 2017.
The plough dredger Norma and the survey vessel Shamrock will be supporting the operation commencing on or about 13th June 2017.
Detailed dredger movements can be obtained from Harwich VTS on VHF Channel 71.
Lights and shapes as required by Collision Regulations will be exhibited and a listening watch on VHF Channel 71 will be maintained throughout.
Notice to Mariners No. 12-2017 is cancelled.